Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

OpenTag, TMX, and translation memory manipulation

Here's an interesting thing: opentag.com, including the format definitions for TMX and a few other rather fascinating XML interchange formats (including one for segmentation rules!)

I'm off onto a new tangent: a TMX manipulation module. I still don't have a fantastic API for it, but you know, I think I'm going to dump the xmlapi for real now. It's been 12 years now and I think it's time to move on. So I'm going to rewrite File::TTX to work with a different XML library (probably XML::Reader/XML::Writer) and do the same with TMX. This will allow me to choose between loading the file into memory in toto, or just writing a stream processor to filter things out on the fly for really large files.

I envision an overarching Xlat::TM API that will work with File::TMX in specific, and perhaps with others if and when.

4 comments:

  1. Economical financial commitment position is quite improving position which provides great income. reasonable economical financial commitment traders have one more benefits and that is period. Investment market is start for quite long communicating time d is offering recommended tax treatment too.
    www.bestechnicalanalysis.co.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash Market Tips
    Great post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for the great content. I’m always searching the net for content that will give me some new ideas for my own blogs and legitimate online businesses. Great blog and thanks for the great article.
    School info database

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see your blog as it is just what I’ve looking for and excited to read all the posts. I am looking forward to another great article from you.
    inquiry handling services

    ReplyDelete